Sunday, January 18, 2009

More Keyboard Decor

Writen by Lisa Clauson

Let me preface this by noting, as I have noted before, that he does not sleep. He does not nap. He does not go to bed at a normal time, he does not sleep in. He never needs to sleep, even when I need to sleep. It's 11pm and he's still awake, chattering happily on the cell phone to his daddy.

He has been into everything today - he brought me the Tron DVD that we rented from Blockbuster that was IN the DVD player up on the top of a bookcase - meaning that he climbed up there, ejected the tray, got the DVD, put the tray back in, and carted it across the house.

He filled my VCR with forks - perhaps it is more of a "what he didn't put in the VCR", but I digress. It might amuse you to know that one of our VCR's is now a permanent q-tip dispenser, after taking hundreds of q-tips out of that VCR, we finally gave up and just reach in there when we need a q-tip. Another VCR, however, is the fork-laden one. I also pulled out of there - just this afternoon - two rice cakes, a handful of animal crackers, 10 CD-R's, and a block of post-it notes. I guess it was hungry??

Anyway, after this and much, much more (my carpet must also be hungry as it has a package of animal crackers, several of those little yo-go yogurt balls, and a bag of pretzels living upon it), I come out to check my e-mail since he's actually being calm. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, being rather tired, but then I take note of some odd characters on my keyboard. I look a little closer, one of the keys looks like it has a fish design on it - ah.

Then I realize that my keyboard has joined my coffee table in being a living art form, a showcase of the little duck's talents. From somewhere, probably up high, he had acquired a pen (which I still haven't found, ugh), and now my keyboard is covered in black scribbles and odd characters which only a baby can produce.

Ah, and for David, who suggested a while ago that I put the keyboard in the dishwasher, I highly doubt that wireless keyboard #3 would appreciate that. You see, I've been through 4 regular keyboards and 3 wireless keyboards - Apple keyboards, mind you, not cheap regular keyboards. You can take all the keys off and wash them, dry them and put them back on, but you can't run the base in any water at all. Compressed air is my friend, however.

No, I'm not running out to buy a new keyboard, if it still types without sticking most of the time (this one's delete key sticks due to a run-in with a glass of Koolaid and a smoothie), it's a wonderful thing. If I feel particularly motivated, I might take the keys off and scrub them - if you don't see me on here, it's because I can't figure out how the thing goes back together though ;) .

Lisa
http://lilduckduck.com

0 comments: